Emerging health benefits of Shilajit
Shilajit is one of the most uncommon and rare substances found between layers of rock. Primarily found in the Himalayas, this is an organic black, sticky resin structured over centuries of decomposition of plants. This biomass oozes out in warmer climates and is collected to be made into a powder form. This has been mentioned in the ancient ayurvedic texts from over 3000 years ago.
Due to its comprehensive properties documented in Ayurveda, it is a well-known supplement guaranteeing great health benefits. It is the most famous rejuvenating supplement that is known to mankind, also known as “Rasayana” or “Destroyer of weakness” in Ayurveda. It is nutrient-dense, as well as packed with minerals, the main being fulvic acid and humic acid. Recent research has also shown the presence of strong antioxidants in Shilajit.
As per Ayurveda, the properties of shilajit are predominantly like this:
- Taste: Known as ‘Rasa’ in Ayurveda, it is bitter, pungent, salty and astringent.
- Energy: Known as ‘Virya’ in Ayurveda, it is warming.
- After digestion: Known as ‘Vipaka’ in Ayurveda, it is pungent.
- Quality: Known as ‘Guna’ in Ayurveda, it is dry and heavy.
- Tissue: Known as ‘Dhatu’ in Ayurveda, it means all the tissues.
- Channel: Known as ‘Srotas’ in Ayurveda, it means a reproductive system, nervous system and urinary tract.
Shilajit health benefits
Currently, there is a world problem where people fall ill due to the mere fact of wrong meal times or irregularity in meals as well as non-nutritious food. Sedentary lifestyles and lack of sleep are other factors that contribute to the upsurge of various ailments. Shilajit comes into play here as the easy fix to the essential nutrients and minerals needed conveniently. Let’s look at shilajit health benefits:
- Memory enhancer
All the above properties have their benefits for the following illnesses.
- Alzheimer’s disease – The anti-oxidant fulvic acid inhibits the tau protein build-up which in turn, helps with cognitive health. Tau protein is an important part of the nervous system but when it is over-accumulated, the brain cells get damaged. Shilajit reduces inflammation and probably helps with Alzheimer’s onset symptoms.
- Weight loss – Shilajit helps reduce the appetite and is one of the topmost remedies for weight loss. It also has properties that aid in burning fat.
- Anemia – Iron deficiency is the culprit for symptoms like weakness, headaches, fatigue, cold hands and feet, irregularity in heart rate, etc. This happens mainly due to a poor diet and shilajit benefits people suffering from this ailment.
- Menstruation cycle – Shilajit regulates the period cycle by working on balancing the hormones. Although shilajit works on hormonal health overall, it is necessarily true of female reproductive health. Estrogen and progesterone are related to the monthly period cycle in women and shilajit capsules help in controlling period pain and cramps.
- Heart health – Shilajit pumps blood in a healthier fashion which improves the flow of blood to the heart. In stressful situations, it also maintains the blood pressure rates at healthy levels.
- Libido booster – Shilajit has been used as a sexual enhancer in males for centuries. It improves sexual performance naturally.
- Rejuvenator – In both men and women, shilajit has been known to regulate hormones, In men, it increases testosterone levels. In women, it enhances the function of mitochondria ( where the energy is created).
- Anti-stress – In the current times, one of the biggest problems universally is mental health and related diseases. Depression is on the rise, and this typically happens when zinc levels go down. Zinc is required for 300 plus enzymes in our body and shilajit benefits the body as it contains a lot of zinc in its natural form.
- Brain & memory enhancer – The fulvic acid in shilajit functions to improve memory and brain health simultaneously. As testosterone levels play an important part in memory enhancement, shilajit is beneficial as it also improves testosterone levels. Also, it detoxes the brain by transporting nutrients, minerals and oxygen to the brain, thus helping the brain tissue remove the harmful proteins.
- Anti-aging – It is established that the presence of fulvic acid in shilajit prevents free radicals and cellular damage. These two are primarily responsible for aging. The antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties of shilajit reduce wrinkles and thus delay the aging process, making the skin youthful.
- Blood sugar – Shilajit helps lower glucose levels. It regenerates the pancreas cells and keeps a check on the blood sugar; thus diabetes stays in control.
- Good for hair – Not only does it keep the skin youthful, but shilajit also keeps hair free from dandruff. Zinc, sulfur, magnesium, and fulvic acids are present in abundance in this supplement and keep hair healthy. It helps with the hair’s protein structure and follicles thus enhancing the hair’s volume, structure and sheen.
This ancient blend of multiple nutrients and minerals is backed by the wisdom of world-famous Ayurveda. It is a naturally occurring substance that creates a mind-body equilibrium. Shilajit enhances good health and gives energy. Over the years, it has been known to be a sexual enhancer as little information was available on its other benefits. It is very good for the health of women as well as men.
True medicine comes from Earth, not from the lab.