What are the benefits of Shatavari for females?
Reproductive health is crucial for everyone, whether you want to have a child or not. Contrary to what people may think, giving birth to a child is not the ultimate goal in the topic of reproductive health. It is a well-known fact that for overall well-being, you need a set of balanced hormones in your body as well as a regulated menstrual cycle.
Although this subject has been treated unfairly with the highly misplaced notion that reproductive health is in conjunction with birthing and sex only, it has made the topic almost taboo, but it should not be so. You should know about your body intimately and the consequences of not looking after it well.
Shatavari is called Asparagus Racemosus in scientific terms. It is a popular plant that is native to the Himalayas, tropics and the subtropical regions of India, and other parts of the world such as Australia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka and the tropics of Africa. While Shatavari belongs to the asparagus family, it is not the asparagus we eat. In fact, this herb is considered endangered in some parts of the world although it grows wild in the Himalayas. It is known as “Rasayana” in Ayurveda because it is a tonic for overall well-being.
The chemical components of the Shatavari herbal supplement
Especially fantastic for women’s health, Organic Shatavari capsules consist of an overabundance of substances with varied nutritional values.
- Shatavari capsules are rich in vitamins and minerals. Vitamins such as A, B1, B2, C, E, magnesium, folic acid and calcium are present. Women are more likely to be Vitamin deficient than men globally. The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey recently disclosed that the rate of deficient people in the United States is a whopping 20%, varying in age groups and from slight to chronic deficiencies. The major cause of weakness and fatigue is the lack thereof.
- Shatavari tablet is made for the Shatavari root compound. These roots contain alkaloids ranging from Sarsasapogenin, Saponin and Asparagamine A. For boosting your immune system to improve the female libido, Saponins play a major role, particularly.
- Shatavari leaves are made up of Rutin and Flavonoids. The presence of flavonoids helps in cellular activity regulation while fighting off the free radicals at the same time, a double whammy. Primarily, oxidative stress is caused by these free radicals.
- Shatavari herbal supplements contain arginine, tyrosine, resin, tannin and essential oils. During the monthly period, while everyone has different symptoms, the most common ones are cramps and headaches. Tannin helps the body release serotonin as a natural painkiller.
Other general therapeutic effects include:
- Boosts the reproductive system in women.
- Slows down the aging process.
- Inflates immunity.
- Sharpens intellectual performance.
- Boosts longevity.
- Is an aphrodisiac.
- Acts as a bowel astringent.
- Helps with blood disorders.
- Aids with eye related disorders.
- Helps with inflammation.
- Known to help with musculoskeletal disorders.
- Helps with neurological disorders.
- Cures liver and kidney problems.
- Helps heal gout.
- Heals ulcers in the gastrointestinal region.
Shatavari benefits for females
Today, the lifestyles are either very health concerned or extremely unhealthy due to sedentary or busy living. There are unavoidable issues in the way people live their lives currently that are on the onset of many chronic and life-threatening ailments. Specifically, in women, unhealthy lifestyles are a growing concern and if Shatavari is added to their daily diet, it will definitely show improvements in their mental and sexual health. Let’s consider why.
- PCOS – Imbalanced hormones in a woman’s body are the reason for PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome). Just with the introduction of Shatavari, the hormones balance out and regulate the menstruation cycle. The antioxidants are increased and ovarian health is also necessarily boosted.
- Inflammation – There are multiple kinds of inflammation, ranging from your basic, menstrual cramps to a wound in your joints. The antioxidants come into play as they have anti-inflammatory properties that cure the affected areas.
- Libido – For a healthy sex life, it is imperative to have good libido. The lack of it could mean disinterest in the engagement of sex, ergonomically speaking. Shatavari is a libido booster known to aid in heightening libido as well as fertility. It soothes and relaxes the mind and body, helping with depression and anxiety too.
- Female fertility – While Shatavari is known to increase the sex drives in women, it is also known to manage the infertility issues that plague a lot of women nowadays due to PCOS and PCOD. It also prevents miscarriages and helps regulate the ovulation cycle.
- Weight gain – Periods cause water retention and bloating. Shatavari reduces the water weight and by doing so also reduces the toxins from your body. At the same time, for underweight women who are struggling to put some weight on, it has a reverse effect. Shatavari helps maintain strength and eliminates weakness, all the while helping with a decent amount of weight gain.
- Anti-aging – Retinol is the biggest discovery of all time in skin care products. Shatavari is all set to take over if marketed well, it is an answer to retinol and the good thing is that it is a herb. Shatavari is an active booster for collagen production in your body. It reduces wrinkles and fine lines and brings about enormous changes in the skin visibly, making the skin healthier, fresher, plumper and firmer.
- Increases breast size – Phytoestrogen is a compound that is known to increase breast size. Organic Shatavari capsules are exceptionally high in phytoestrogen. One of the best ayurvedic methods for breast enlargement the natural way is to consume Shatavari with ghee. Shatavari as we know reduces the water weight but it increases the fat tissues or adipose which the breasts are made of; thus augmenting the size naturally.
- Breastfeeding – Shatavari capsules are a famous galactagogue that can induce the flow of breast milk and not only that, maintain and also boost the production of milk in lactating women. Hence, it is propagated amongst new mothers. Consuming Shatavari twice a day shows great milk production.
- Pregnancy – Shatavari is believed to have numerous benefits during pregnancy. High folic acid present in Shatavari is a nutrient that helps in the development of the fetus essentially. Pregnancies sap a whole lot out of the mothers and they feel tired. Shatavari builds immunity and makes you resistant to allergic reactions and infections. Shatavari helps with conception as well by balancing hormones, helping with ovulation and nourishing the reproductive organs simultaneously.
- Menopause – Shatavari is known to reduce the symptoms of menopause. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that reduce the hot flashes and night sweats associated with menopause. As well as hormonal balance that is imperative for overall well-being, especially during menopause.
Organically, Shatavari has been consumed for thousands of years and there is a mention of it in the ancient ayurvedic texts as well. While there are ongoing studies on what other ailments Shatavari herbal supplements can heal, it is always important to run it by a medical practitioner, allopathic or ayurvedic, if suffering from any previous ailments.
Ayurvedic medicine is ancient, and its resurgence is necessary because we do need the proper balance in our medical approach.