Arjuna: Benefits, Precautions and Dosage
Arjunarishta is a herbal supplement that is well-known for its cardiovascular benefits. This is a herbal concoction composed of various medicinal plants that go through a distillation and extraction process to achieve the right composition of the beneficial nutrients required for heart health.
It was used routinely by ayurvedic practitioners for over a thousand years ago to treat heart health issues. The natural ingredients used to make this miracle tonic are:
- Terminalia arjuna bark
- Woodfordia fruticosa flowers
- Madhuca Indica flowers
- Vitis vinifera , dried grapes
Benefits of Arjuna
Arjuna has phytochemicals that aid in boosting and repairing heart related health issues. These phytochemicals are antioxidants that can prevent not only the heart but also other organ damage. Arjuna Health Supplement Capsules are known to have the potential to combat various other diseases as well. Let’s look at some:
- Heart Disease – There are many facets in heart health. These include proper health function owing to the imperative role the heart plays in a body, protection from damage due to aging and also healing from cardiovascular diseases. The heart is prone to oxidative stress. The flavonoids present in Arjuna Health Supplement Capsules help protect against the damage caused. When the lymph system around the heart dysfunctions, this herbal supplement drains the lymph and thus regulates the muscular pumping of the organ and the blood flow.
- Angina – When the heart gets less oxygen, there is a blockage and pain is experienced in the chest area generally. These are signs of coronary heart disease more commonly called “Angina”. The arjuna herb benefits this condition as effectively as allopathic drugs. It guarantees improvement in heart function as well as reduces angina disorder symptoms.
- Gut Health – Gut health is of utmost importance as this is the most delicate system in the human anatomy which is overworked in today’s times, causing a lot of health issues. The stomach lining (Gastric Mucosa) is strengthened and maintained by a regular dosage of Arjuna Health Supplement Capsules. For centuries, traditional Ayurveda has used Arjuna as an antacid due to its antibacterial properties to prevent heartburn and acidity. The bacteria in the digestive tract cause ulcers, gastritis, and other stomach infections which lead to more abnormalities, Arjuna has been held as the digestive tonic or medicine to cure and clean the system.
- Diabetes – While it is a known fact that amongst the benefits of arjuna, blood sugar management still hasn’t been talked about as much as it should have been. Correcting insulin sensitivity is as significant as reducing blood sugar levels and Arjuna improves this overall. Also, it benefits hyperglycemia.
- Liver and Kidney Health – The dynamic antioxidants present in this herbal composition of Arjuna show great promise in healing most of the organs especially the liver and kidneys. The main function of these organs is to get rid of the accumulated toxins from the body. Particularly in the case of the liver, bile production is an absolute necessity and Arjuna helps boost that while simultaneously removing the toxins from the system. It has been indicated that arjuna has notably been used in liver cirrhosis cases and has shown considerable improvement.
- Cancer – Research in animal studies has shown that the arjuna bark is productive in controlling the formation of any kind of tumors. While it is still in the initial stages of development for human vs. cancer studies and experiments, it has been said that Vitis Vinifera kills cancer cells efficiently.
Although there isn’t a lot of research on the side-effects of consumption of Arjuna Health Supplement Capsules, some people do experience minimal symptoms of headaches, body aches, nausea and constipation. Not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women as well as children. As only finite information is available, it is likely to behave in any way with different medications.
In case one is on prescription medication, it is better to speak to a healthcare practitioner before taking arjuna.
Arjuna is available in many forms. In syrup form but that is not advisable for diabetes patients as it has some quotient of jaggery which is raw cane sugar available in Asia. Also, a tincture should be taken in a glass of water with just a few drops. The easiest and most popular form is capsules, which can be taken as 1200 mg of strength on an empty stomach before or after meals. The dosage is not to be exceeded as a precautionary measure.
The bottom line
All in all, this versatile herbal supplement has so many healing and strengthening qualities, it should be made part of the daily regimen. Traditionally, arjuna for heart has been the most popular reason for taking it, but this miracle herbal concoction has many other benefits.
Because we cannot scrub our inner body we need to learn a few skills to help cleanse our tissues, organs, and mind. This is the art of ayurveda.