Triphala for hair: Benefits and Uses
Triphala stands for “Three Fruits’. These three fruits are:
- AMLA (Emblica Officinalis)
- BIBHITAKI (Terminalia Billerica)
- HARITAKI (Terminalia Chebula)
These three fruits are dried up and compounded as a powder to be ingested for hair and skin nourishment. This is an age-old ayurvedic remedy in India that has been recognised globally now.
In Ayurveda, this is known as the ‘tridoshi rasayana’ meaning the ‘remedy for the three doshas’. The three doshas are ‘Kapha, Pitta and Vata’. Triphala Capsules have the potential to soothe and preserve all three doshas.
Triphala Herbal Supplement is a traditional remedy for hair and skin nourishment as it is very high in antioxidants and vitamin C besides having great antifungal properties.
Benefits of Triphala for hair
Triphala supplement has a pandora’s box of goodness for varied ailments. Let’s look at them:
- Makes hair voluminous – Triphala is very effective in improving the texture of hair and with time, subsequently increasing the hair volume. Haritaki is an active ingredient that contains excellent antibacterial and antifungal properties that fight scalp infections that hamper hair growth. Triphala is the biggest anti-dandruff champion as well. Dandruff is one of the main reasons for hair fall.
- Bolsters hair growth – Sporadic bowel movements, perpetual health issues and bad digestion affects hair growth. Triphala is known for its great results for good digestion worldwide. It helps food digestion as well as nourishes the hair follicles and scalp simultaneously.
- Produces a glossy shine – Pollution, UV rays and dust particles are very harmful to our hair follicles. They strip away the natural shine leaving the hair coarse, dull and dry. Triphala restores the shine by flushing the toxins out. Amla helps lock the fatty acid in the hair follicles by locking the hair cuticles.
- Restricts premature greying – The most common issues in both men and women nowadays are thinning of hair, balding and premature greys. These are triggered by the free radicals and are eliminated with the use of Triphala. Besides making hair shiny, strong and healthy.
- Provides nutrition to hair roots – The shampoos and hair products available in the market today are laden with chemicals. These attack the hair roots making hair weak, thin and brittle. This results in imminent hair breakage and hair loss consequently. Triphala works wonders in terms of nourishing and moisturising the hair shafts. Thus, keeping it hydrated and healthy.
- Decreases frizz – Rapid hair fall indicates dry and frizzy hair problem that further indicates a lack of hydration and strength. To retain the moisture levels in our hair in their natural form, Triphala creates a shield to protect the hair from external damage; thus resulting in soft, shiny and smooth hair.
- The answer to split ends – When the ends of our hair become weak, fragile and thin, they result in frayed hair follicles called split ends. In the current times of chemical-laden hair care products, lack of proper nourishment, and deficient hair care regimens, there is a lot of stress. Triphala is most likely the best hair care supplement as all three ingredients have essential oils that take care of dry hair and the consecutive split ends naturally. Also, keeps the hair tangle-free.
Triphala, as is with a whole lot of ayurvedic medicines can be taken internally as well as applied externally. Best had in the form of a capsule, it is available in the form of a churn as well as just as a powder. It is the best bet for hair as it does a whole gut cleanse to get to the root of the problem literally. All the while giving your hair the nourishment it needs.
Pain tastes like the ayurvedic medicine ‘Triphala’.
Bitterest thing but perfectly clears nerves, mind and vision.
– Philosopher H.