How Powerful Ashwagandha Helps to reduce Blood Sugar Level | Roar Advantage
If you cannot avoid stress, you can at least manage it the right way. There are several proven ways to reduce stress, including exercise, meditation, laughter therapy or music, but the ones that require the least efforts and provide maximum benefits all come from nature itself.
Dietary supplements prove highly beneficial when it comes to providing relief from stress and related ailments like high blood sugar, Hypertension and insomnia, without any side effects. Ancient knowledge from the Ayurveda comes into picture to cure ourselves of lifestyle induced health issues.
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is also identified with its names such as Indian Ginseng, Poison gooseberry or Winter cherry is an evergreen shrub that is commonly found in India, Middle East and some parts of Africa.
Ashwagandha, whose name is a combination of the Sanskrit words ‘Ashva’ meaning horse and ‘Gandha’ meaning odor, ie. its roots emit smell highly reminiscent of a horse. This herb is highly revered for being full of medicinal properties.
Ancient texts like the Ayurveda list out benefits of Ashwagandha, especially its use in treating health problems like Diabetes and stress. The entire species of Somnifera are considered sleep inducing plants that can be consumed as a dietary supplement through food or with warm milk.
Though its properties in reducing blood sugar levels and cortisol are well known, Ashwagandha is also thought to have several other health benefits. These include boosting immunity, increasing fertility in men by increasing testosterone, increasing muscle mass and reducing inflammation in the body significantly.
Long duration studies (for over 60 days and more) have found that consumption of Ashwagandha also reduces triglycerides and cholesterol from the blood, making it a miracle herb indeed.
Today, this medicinal herb is gaining immense popularity in the western world for its no-side-effects kind of an effect. This is because it is based on proven ancient Indian Ayurvedic knowledge of over 3000 years. No wonder our ancient forefathers were great patrons of herbs like these to maintain their health, both physical and mental.
Ashwagandha is considered as an adaptogen, which means a certain kind of herb that works as a regulator, balancing the stress hormone Cortoisol. Not only is it considered a good stress relieving herb, it also works on enhancing immunity and has a positive impact on our mental health.
Experts claim that it also helps reduce steroids from the body which is an added plus. What’s more, one would be exhilarated to know that a chemical named ‘Withferin’ , a steroidal lactone, extracted from this plant is used to treat certain cancers since it is known to kill cancer cells.
Health benefits of Ashwagandha.
The powder of the roots of the plant of Ashwagandha is to be consumed, ideally daily, to avail of several benefits under expert medical supervision. The key benefit which is more relevant today is in managing blood sugar levels in both men and women.
Ashwagandha tablets or Ashwagandha capsules can be consumed to control blood sugar levels. Diabetes being of two kinds, ie. Type 1 wherein a person’s body does not produce insulin and hence blood sugar levels have to be managed by controlling intake of carbohydrates through planned diet and external administration of insulin in some cases.
Type 2 diabetes which is more common is when the body produces small amount of insulin or is insulin resistant and cannot use it properly and hence needs medical and dietary interventions as prescribed by a medical practitioner and best followed.
- Consumption of extracts of Ashwagandha may not cure a person of diabetes but it definitely helps control blood sugar levels if taken under expert medical supervision. This is especially the case with people who suffer from high sugar levels along with high levels of stress.
- Ashwagandha is a known herb considered effective in reducing cortisol which is a stress causing hormone, thereby significantly reducing stress, anxiety and depression. What makes Ashwagandha a perfect choice for this purpose is that it is of complete plant origin and hence less likely to cause major side effects.
- Ashwagandha may be effective in reducing blood sugar levels in that a test tube study showed enhanced insulin production and insulin sensitivity in muscle cells, in both kinds of people, those with and without diabetes.
- Extracts of Ashwagandha which are systematically and scientifically produced, have greater potency than just consuming the root or leaves. The extract of the roots contains powerful antioxidants which help fight free radicals in the body. This boosts the body to fight stress and protect against ailments like cancer.
- Studies have found that consumption of natural Ashwagandha in the form of Ashwagandha supplement or extracts have no adverse impact on the human body which is a good thing to know, considering most modern medicines, however powerful they may be, have some side effects.
- The Ashwagandha extracts can be consumed by people of all ages, irrespective of their gender, but only with proper expert supervision. This is because over dosage can result in drastic drop in blood sugar or blood pressure levels in some people.
How to consume Ashwagandha for maximum benefits
It is recommended to consume the purest forms of any plants like the leaves, roots, flowers or stems since they are the most effective. However, extracts work better because they have been harvested and treated by experts to offer maximum benefits. Studies have shown that in neurodegenerative conditions, Ashwagandha powder is best used.
Ashwagandha capsules and supplements in the form of powder can also be as helpful. This is because extracts use the exact quantity of the right parts of the plant, for ex. In case of use of Ashwagandha to treat high blood sugar levels, the extract which contains the right proportion of root and plant elements works best.
The Ashwagandha capsules from Roar to life… Naturally provide all the goodness of the herb in its purest form. It is safe for consumption by people of all ages, especially in controlling high blood sugar and high blood pressure.
One can always be assured that even if it is consumed for managing high blood sugar and stress, it will provide additional benefits for one’s mental health and overall wellbeing. The Roar Advantage is a blessing for the modern professional who is aware of the pitfalls of a modern, fast lifestyle.
At the same time, knowing well that ancient medicine provides answers to several of our lifestyle problems leads us to the right solutions like Roar.
Disclaimer: These Statements have not been evaluated by food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.